Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the difference between a manufactured home and a mobile home?
- A manufactured home is a factory built home that was built after the June 15, 1976 HUD code came into effect. A mobile home is a factory built home that was built before the HUD code came into effect. The term “mobile home” is now obsolete when referring to today’s manufactured homes.
- Do these homes meet all new fire requirements?
- Yes. We build the home with your special needs in mind.
- Do manufactured homes always need to be so high, with so many steps to get in?
- No. We can almost always set the home to be within 1 or 2 steps of the grade.
- If I don’t want to be in a park, how much land do I need?
- Our homes can go on almost any lot in California. CC&Rs may dictate some restrictions, as well as any applicable local codes.
- What kind of foundations can we use?
- There are many options available for you to choose from.
- Do you have models that I can walk through?
- Yes, we have four fully furnished homes at our Home Show center located at 5675 Mother Lode Dr., Placerville, CA.
- Is there a warranty, and how long is it?
- There is a 1 year bumper-to-bumper and 10 year extended warranty.
- Where do I find the HUD and serial numbers on my current home?
- The HUD number is located on a red plate on the rear end wall of your home. It is also on the data plate under the sink in the laundry room or second bedroom closet. The serial number is located there as well.
Delivery and Set-up
- How long does it take from start to finish?
- After your permits are acquired, it takes about 30 days in a park, or 60 days on land.
- Who can help me with all of the utilities I will need, such as water, electric, and sewer?
- Our construction staff is available to help you with any questions you may have about utility installation.
- Does the land have to be flat?
- No. We have flexibility in building homes on slopes and uneven lots.
- What if my road may be difficult to deliver?
- Our site inspector will advise you prior to purchase on all of your delivery conditions.
- Do the wheels and tires stay on the home?
- No, they are returned to the supplier. You may purchase them separately if you desire.
Options and Add-ons
- What is included with a manufactured home?
- Each of our floorplans includes a set of standard features. Please see our Floorplans page for a list of these features for each floorplan.
- Are there many options available, like colors and finishes?
- The factory offers hundreds of options and we will customize to your specifications after delivery.
- Can you add on to a manufactured home?
- Yes. There are some engineering details that you will need to apply.
- Can a garage or deck be built onto a manufactured home?
- Yes, our manufactured homes are adaptable to garages, decks, and porches. Site conditions and local codes will determine what you can do.
- Can I change the lights and faucets (or similar fixtures)?
- Yes, all construction and hookups are standard.
- Will any special parts be required for repairs?
- No, most Home Depot and Lowes stores stock parts that will fit.
- What kind of financing is available?
- We have many financing options available, including FHA, VA, Calvet, and all conventional lenders. In parks, the financing is different because the home remains personal property.
- What is a “Granny Flat”?
- A “Granny Flat” is defined by your local planning department and is usually a second home of 1200 sq. ft. or less on a property.
- Are there benefits to a “Hardship” home?
- In many counties there is a huge financial advantage to doing a “Hardship” home.